Happy 4th of July



Food & the 4th of July are inseparable. Actually, come to think of it, all social events are traditionally commemorated with food. In my own limited yet confusing background I can count at least 7 different countries where I lived and witnessed this great symbiotic relationship between food and celebration.

Keeping with my own newly found tradition of blogging about what I cook, I made two very delicious dishes that I will share; Grilled Chicken with "Bharat" (a middle eastern blend of 7 spices), served with my favorite Salad (some call it Fattoosh, some call it Tabouleh, I called my Salad).

The good news is: the recipe is easy, flexible, and absolutely delicious 😀

PS. Bharat is an Arabic Slang for " spices". Every middle eastern region, country, or even family has its own version of it. Mine is no different. I first time made it when cooking stuffed cabbage, then I was hooked.

See my post titled: "Bharat" or "Middle Eastern Spices".

So, Happy 4th of July, happy cooking, and may God have mercy on the people of Egypt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pitfalls of Potential

Day #2 (Nov 10), Dubai & Fujairah Excursion